The Belmond Reid’s Palace, Madeira Island’s charming hotel which once had Winston Churchill as a guest, set the stage for another edition of the World Travel Awards, deemed as the “Oscars of Tourism”, this time for the European regional ceremony. For Portugal, it was another unforgettable event, as the country clocked 25 awards, among the country, cities, regions and players.
The all-important Europe’s Leading Destination award was given to Portugal for the 3rd year in a row. Algarve got Europe’s Leading Beach Destination distinction for a fabulous 5th year in a row.
Algarve: 10 awards in total
As usual, Algarve wins against stiff competition, of the best beach paradises in the continent. Its rivals included Cannes (and the French Riviera), Corfu and the Peloponnese in Greece, Mallorca, Marbella (Spain), Oludeniz (Turkey) and Sardinia (Italy).
Aside from the Leading Beach Destination awards, Algarve’s hotels and resorts got a good set of awards, either at the European level and also at the “Portuguese” tier (in the category of the “Portugal’s Leading” distinction). Check below the complete list of the Algarvian World Travel Awards, which represent why this region will be a hotspot for tourism and second-home investment in the coming years.
– Europe’s Leading Beach Destination: The Algarve
– Europe’s Leading Beach Resort: Hotel Quinta do Lago
– Europe’s Leading Luxury Hotel & Villas: Vila Vita Parc
– Europe’s Leading Luxury Lifestyle Resort: Conrad Algarve
– Europe’s Leading Resort Villas: Dunas Douradas Beach Club
– Europe’s Most Romantic Resort: Monte Santo Resort
– Portugal’s Leading Family Resort: Martinhal Sagres Beach Family Resort Hotel
– Portugal’s Leading Hotel Suite: Roof Garden Suite, Conrad Algarve
– Portugal’s Leading Resort: Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
– Portugal’s Leading Serviced Apartments: Pine Hills Vilamoura
In November, the World Travel Awards Grand Final will be hosted in Muscat, Oman.
To find out more about the Golden Triangle in the Algarve you can visit our website here – The Golden Triangle Algarve Property
And if you’d like to see what properties are hot at the moment in the area again, head on over to our site here – Golden Triangle Property for Sale